Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pray for Japan

As you all know, Japan was hit with an 8.9 earthquake and then a 10 m tall tsunami, devastating cities and villages as far as the eye can see. I kept reading all the news reports, and watching live feeds of what's going on, and it really scared me. It also propelled me to make an effort to help out, no matter how small. In a fortnight, I designed/printed/cut these "PRAY FOR JAPAN" postcards with information at the back. All the profits will go directly to the Japanese Red Cross Society.
If there's a big enough demand, I'll consider putting them up for sale on Etsy or make a Bigcartel account. I would rather stay away from Etsy because they take a percentage of the sale. Otherwise, I will have to raise the price from 2$ to around 2.20$. Would everyone be cool with that? Lemme know.

I've been overwhelmed by the positive response I've gotten with these postcards. It truly shows that people care and want to help. Bigger image here.

In other news, I was silly and drank a massive coffee at 10pm which resulted me not sleeping until 5am. I started painting and it inspired me to make a personal project of series. Here's a peek at one of the pieces. Bigger image here.

No comments: